Saturday, November 21, 2009

Back to Delhi

I arrived in Delhi today after an almost exactly 24 hour train ride. It wasn't too bad except for the part where I had to share a bed with some Indian guy for a while.

I booked this train a couple of weeks ago, but it's a popular train. I eventually got off the wait list and was booked as "RAC" or reservation against cancelation. It means you're guaranteed a seat, but you may have to share if not enough people cancel. Well, not enough people cancelled. There were other open beds until 2am and starting at 3am, but for that hour or so, we sat across from each other trying to sleep. Anyway, I didn't sleep to well but I did meet and talk to three Canadian people that grew up in India, so that was good.

Delhi is about what I now expected. The pollution is worse than I remember, but the weather is better. The craziness seems less crazy now, but it's still crazier than most places I've been. The pollution really is terrible though. You can practically taste it (although I really can taste the cologne coming off the guy next to me, he must have just dumped the whole bottle on himself).

Anyway, now I go figure out what to do.

1 comment: