Monday, November 23, 2009

The Last Day

Today is my last day in India. I've been shopping, eating as much as possible, and trying to pass my India knowledge to as many people as possible. Most tourists here are either just arriving or leaving, so I've met a few just arriving and given them some tips.

My flight leaves tonight just before midnight; until then I'll be wandering around, breathing dirty air. The weather is legitimately good, warm in the day, cool at night, so that's been okay.

I'm also excited to shave this crazy beard off. There is a large Muslim population here and I've been asked 3 or 4 times if I'm a Muslim because of my beard. That's definitely a first for me. I also know it's out of hand because I can see it in my shadow, people that I've just met don't recognize me in pictures without it, and my mustache is always getting in my mouth. It needs to end.
I'm sad to leave, but excited to come home. When I get back I'll do one more blog entry with links to lots of photos, so you have that to look forward to.

Well, for now, namaste from India, I will see many of you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment