Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Palolem done right

Last night I had the best Indian food of my life. The guide book suggests a place on the beach and says the quality of food and chef are way higher than usual for the price, so I figure I'll try it out. I had paneer tikka masala, and it was just absolutely fantastic. Needless to say I went back to the same place today. I'll probably eat there at least once a day as long as I'm in Palolem.

This morning I took a walk out to Neptune Point, a spot that juts out from the beach, separating Palolem beach from the next one over (as shown on the right). A Spanish guy I met in Nepal had recommended the place as being a little pricier but much nicer than the places behind Palolem beach, so I went to ask about rates. I'm now staying in one of their huts for $12/night (I was paying 6 for a crappy room on the main drag away from the water. They wanted $16 for this place but my skills of negotiation prevailed). If you can see the cluster of three huts by the large rock on the left, right on the water, mine is the one in the middle.

The view of the main beach from my hut is the picture below. I think I'll being staying here in Palolem for the next three nights until I move on from Goa. It's very easy and nice here, besides the continued unfortunate weather.

I finally have my swimsuit and they shut down the swimming because the wind has supposedly made the surf "dangerous". It's really not that bad, I could easily swim in it, but the men with rifles feel differently, so I don't chance it.

Here is a video of the view from where I'm now staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment