Friday, November 13, 2009

More beach


I don't have a whole lot to report today as I'm in the same town, swimming, reading in the shade, watching the sunburned Brits pass by, and eating at the same restaurant every lunch and dinner (Droopadi is the name of it).

Tomorrow I'll be heading to Margao, in central Goa. It isn't much of a tourist spot, but my 7am train departs from the train station there the next day.
So today is my last day in this seaside paradise, which is a little sad, although I'm really looking forward to my visits to the ruined city at Hampi and the ancient man-carved caves after that. It'll be nice to have some actual sights to go see, although I'm sure I'll be wishing I could take a dip in the Arabian Sea when I'm wandering around in the heat out there.
The final leg of my journey involves an unfortunately long stay in Delhi (three and a half days) due to the train schedule (there was no way I was taking a bus for that 1,396 km journey. I'll spend a month in Delhi before I do that). I have no idea what I'll do for that long seeing as how I've already visited for a few days, but I am curious to see how I feel about it after getting acclimated to this country (if you remember correctly I did not particularly enjoy my first visit).

No comments:

Post a Comment