Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rain...

It had been raining hard non stop since my last post up until last night, so the river is very high. So high, in fact, that all the camp sites are completely flooded and the rafting trip is postponed until the 11th. So I've just been sitting in tea houses eating, drinking tea, and meeting people. I've also met up with people from the trek for food and drinks, so it's been fun despite the rain.

I went to a meeting for rafting to explain what we need to bring and meet the guides and all that a couple days ago. It was then that I realized I was a bit of an outsider. I should have realized that before I went to the meeting, but I didn't put two and two together. On the trip it will be me and ten Israelis. They all seem to know each other and it's non stop Hebrew all the time. Of course you would think I would put together that is was recommended to me by an Israeli, the place is called Shai Rafting, and there is Hebrew writing everywhere, but sometimes I just don't catch on very quickly. It should be an interesting experience - an Israeli rafting trip in Nepal.

I'm planning to see pretty much everything I've left in Pokhara. Today I'll be visiting a Tibetan village to have tea with a Tibetan guide I met on the trek, then I'll be hiking to a vista point with a Brazilian I met at the tea house.

No comments:

Post a Comment