Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Trekking - Day 7

Today we had a leisurely breakfast and hit the trail for some more stair descent. My calves have been incredibly sore and I've been working hard to stretch them to try to avoid cramping up. I think it is cause by how I walk down the stairs on my toes to ease the strain on my knees. If it's not one thing, it's another, I suppose.

We had lunch with the Aussies, fantastic veggie burgers (the patty was basically a big veggie pakora) with fries and a salad. If we had veggie burgers like that at home I would not be opposed at all.

From there we took a detour to Jinhu, known for it's hot springs. I met of couple of Spaniards on the way down and we went to the hot springs together, joined later by the Aussies once again. They had the hot springs diverted partially into a couple of hot tubs, so we all just soaked our sore muscles for a couple of hours. It was just what my aching calves (and the rest of my body, for that matter) needed.

For dinner, more Dal Bhaat, this time another three helpings (large helpings). We also tried the local rice wine, called Kaleshi (I think), which was frankly terrible. It's like watered down vodka, so it's not enjoyable. Between four of us we drank about a third of a bottle, so it wasn't exacly a hit.

There weren't any triple rooms at this guest house so they gave us a double with three beds. It's...cozy, as you can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment