Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Trekking - Day 8

Today was the final day. We had breakfast and set off to finish this little adventure. Everything went well, and the weather was decent once again. We got to Nayapul, where we started the trek, in the afternoon.

The bus back to Pokhara was full, so Gali suggested we do as the Nepalis do, and sit on the roof. I was a little nervous at first, but I rationalized that if the bus is going down, I'd done for either way. It turned out to be a lot of fun, with some great views (even if it did rain on us a little bit). It was a little less than a two hour ride, but we survived. Dan and I did get hit by a tree, but Dan got the worst of it, and we were okay. The Nepalis seemed to appreciate the gesture and we got a lot of waves and approving looks on our way. I took a little video as well.

It's good to be back, and I feel human again after a delicious Italian dinner and a hot shower. I'm already thinking about what treks I'll be doing in the future, whether that turns out to be here in Nepal, or anywhere else in the world. I may be tired, sore, and a little short on sleep, but it was absolutely worth it, without a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment